Wednesday 5 May 2010

Rob


Little Ashes has just won an award at the Italian Schermi d'Amore festival, The audience choice award. Rob plays surrealist painter Salvador Dali the film is set against the backdrop of Fascist Spain in 1922, the Regent Releasing drama follows three of the era's most creative young talents, Dali, Lorca and Bunuel. Setting off on a course to change their world, the three form a bond when they meet at university. But, their friendship becomes strained as Dali and Lorca's relationship develops into an unusual love affair.







In March 2009 in an interview with MTV Rob talks about playing Salvador Dali

"In a lot of ways, I was kind of crossing lines of what I thought I was comfortable doing," he said about in which he plays surrealist painter Salvador Dalí. "I had to do all this naked stuff.

"I thought I'd never get another acting job again," Pattinson continued. "So I was like, 'Yeah — why not try to do something weird?' There's all these gay-sex scenes. And, you know, I haven't even done a sex scene with a girl in my whole career."

Pattinson said it wasn't so much having to play gay that was hard, but having an audience there for it. "Here I am, with Javier [Beltrán], who plays [Federico Garcí] Lorca, doing an extremely hard-core sex scene, where I have a nervous breakdown afterward," he said. "And because we're both straight, what we were doing seemed kind of ridiculous. ... And it wasn't even a closed set. There were all these Spanish electricians giggling to themselves."


No comments:

Post a Comment