Wednesday 19 May 2010

Douglas Booth






Douglas grew up in Greenwich and Blackheath, before moving to Sevenoaks. By the age of 13 he was appearing in National Youth Music Theatre productions, where he was told it was better if he stopped playing rugby because if he ended up with a crushed face or cauliflower ears it wouldn't be great for his long-term career.
Douglas may find that his exotic looks are thanks to a half-Spanish, half-Dutch mother and English father. His mother is an artist, his father works in shipping for Citigroup and his sister is also an artist.




At 15, he signed with Curtis Brown (Robert Pattinson and Dev Patel's agent) and after GCSEs at Lingfield Notre Dame school near Sevenoaks, he moved to a nearby sixthform college for its drama department. Two months later he quit his AS levels in drama, media studies and English literature to act.

Last year at the London Film Festival Douglas made his big-screen debut in From Time to Time, a ghost story that jumps between 1944 and 1809, written and directed by Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park) and starring Maggie Smith and Dominic West. Douglas plays Sefton, a young boy in the 1809 subplot who befriends the lead character on his time travels. Douglas said 'You don't see films like this any more; they're all like Transformers with loads of effects, but this reminds me of The Secret Garden or The Railway Children.'


Douglas himself is the picture of health and spends his holidays skiing in and mountain biking in the Alps and the Rockies. His CV says he can gallop and handle (small) jumps on horseback. He said 'I don't smoke and, hand on my heart, I've never, ever considered taking drugs. It just doesn't appeal. I was at Glastonbury last year and there were people popping pills all around me. I'm an actor and my body's my instrument. If I go and start mucking it up, I've got nothing left.'


Douglas has also starred in a Burberry ad campaign alongside the very lovely Emma Watson.

I have just watched Douglas star in Worried About the Boy the Biographical Drama on BBC2 in the UK. It is a story about Boy George the lead singer of 80's pop band Culture Club. His acting was so superb really enjoyed it and I loved the good old 80's soundtrack.

This is a pic of Douglas as Boy George.
The make - up is incredible, he really does look like Boy George, just a bit prettier !



1 comment:

  1. He is just so so beautiful,I have to catch my breath eac time I see his face be it a foto or in a movie.I love him.

    ReplyDelete